About the Homestay
We are open!
Note! We accept at the moment USD or Euro as an payment option but not CUP (Cuban Pesos) due to current situation. Thank you for understanding.
On the road from Capitolio building to Plaza Vieja you will find Casa Amistad, a fantastic homestay in the real heart of old Havana. On the second floor of a stunning Art Nouveau style building from the 1913 is the home of Yadira, Lazaro and their daughter.
The apartment has been modified in 80's when the owner divided a part of the apartment in to two floors. So the apartment is a authentic mix of colonial and soviet era Cuba. There is cold and hot running water in the shower.
Breakfasts and dinners are offered for extra pay. Breakfasts include a variety of fresh tropical fruits and juice, also eggs served with season vegetables, bread and butter along with coffee, tea and milk. Dinners include a variety of Cuban foods.
The laundry service is also available when needed. If you need a taxi at your arrival at the International Airport “Jose Marti”, don’t hesitate on asking for it as it will be at your disposition.
The neighbourhood is safe, surprising for its variety of architectural styles, baroque, neo-gothic, neo-classical, eclectic, art nouveau, and art deco,
modernist and post-modernist. Streets that are both, ancient and modern, extraordinary and authentic, just waiting to be rediscovered. You don’t need to take a taxi to go to the most frequent visited places by Cuban and foreign people.
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Near places of interest.
• The Malecon, a quintessential landmark of this sea-loving city, along coastal esplanade where music, friendship, love, happiness and sadness all have their part.
• The Historic Centre of Old Havana. A world Heritage site, which is amongst the oldest and best preserved urban spaces in South America and an atmospheric historical masterpiece.
• The Christ of Havana, a powerful sculpture which presides over the entrance of Havana Bay
• The museum of Fine Arts (Cuban and International Art).
• Museum of the Revolution: Constructed between 1913 and 1920, it is housed in the former Presidential Palace.
• Museum of Rum.
• The Capitol Building
• Prado Street: It is the first street outside the old city walls. The original idea was to create a boulevard as splendid as any found in Paris or Barcelona with famous bronze lions that guard the central promenade.
• The Cigar Factory Partagas: one of Habana’s oldest and most famous cigar factories, founded in 1845.
• Morro-Cabana Park, a place to witness a curious night-time tradition, the 9 O’ clock Cannon Shot Ceremony
• 2 blocks from our house there is the Central Park where you can take the bus for a city tour and go to the Revolution square for only $ 5.00 cuc with a tour guide or just take the other bus to go to Playas del Este, a succession of excellent beaches.
• Banks, shops, cafeterias, bars and excellent restaurants are everywhere.
• Inglaterra Hotel: Havana’s oldest hotel, first opened its doors in 1856.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Full Breakfast
- Half Board
- Full Board
Smoking is not allowed.
Im Originalflair von Habana Vieja, freundliche Familie, unbedingt zu empfehlen für Leute, die das original Kuba suchen. Wir werden wieder kommen
Top Lage. Alles war super!
Nette, sehr hilfsbereite Vermieter in Havanna viejo. Zentrale Lage, alles ist gut zu Fuß zu erreichen. Das Zimmer mit eigenem Bad ist sauber und gepflegt, leckeres Frühstück.
La casa y la habitación muy lindas y limpias, ubicación perfecta! Nos han acogido muy bien y lo recomendamos!
The Location of Casa Yadira is really good! The Hosts are very nice and helping you with everything you need. We were there for our first nights in Cuba and felt very safe also with their tipps.
Casa y habitación muy limpias y espaciosas. A solo unas calles del Capitolio, localización perfecta con bares y restaurantes cercanos. Los anfitriones fueron atentos y nos ayudaron en todo lo que necesitamos. Muy recomendable.
We just returned after spending 10 days in Havana at Yadira and Lazaro's home, which is located smack dab in the center of the old part of the city. Our hosts were wonderful and anticipated and met our every need and wish. Lazaro is fluent in English, which we believe is necessary in order for non-Spanish speakers to fully take advantage of all the city offers. We stayed in their upper bedroom which has a private bathroom as well as A/C. We highly recommend staying in their "Casa Particulares" and plan to do so again in the near future.
Ewa and Michael
Lovely home with wonderful hosts that were both kind and helpful
Lázaro y su familia fueron muy amables con nosotros. La estancia fue muy buena y nos encontramos cómodos. La ubicación del lugar es idónea.
Losado and Yadira were really friendly hosts!
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 250 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.