The Space and Getting around:
Beautiful 3 flat brick house in a safe and quiet neighborhood located in the middle of a very cultural northwest side of the city. 420 Friendly
We have hosted students & interns that went to DePaul, KENDALL, Inst. Medical Educ, IL Inst. of Art, Loyola, Argosy, Roosevelt, East-West, UIC, R. Morris, U. Of Illinois, Columbia, NEIU, Dominican, AIME, etc. Business, Companies, Clinics & Hospitals.
As a guest or student you will have access to 24 hour public transportation (busses, city train and METRA, UBER) a great variety of stores where you can find products, fresh produce and internationally, restaurants such as Mexican Puerto Rican, Peruvian, polish, Italian, Greek, middle eastern, Asian and American diners. 2 huge parks with an outdoor swimming pools and indoor in one of the parks, public library, gym, one of the city colleges of Chicago, the mall, post office, and 30 minutes to the lake in public transportation, 20 minutes in car and 35 minutes to downtown in public transportation, 30 by car.
Chicago is a huge city to explore if you want your stay to be memorable and exciting here are some things to do: easy access to see a CUBS or SOX game, visit the different diverse neighborhoods for the street festivals, see our amazing architecture in downtown, ride the double Decker bus, visit ALL of our beautiful amazing museums, Millennium park which offers free concerts, the Art institute, take a stroll on the magnificent Michigan mile, Navy Pier, plays and operas, also take a walk, run, biking or sunbathe in our beautiful beaches in front of the blue lake Michigan.
Want to continue the fun at night? There are lots of things to do such as dance clubs, lounges, bars, and movie theaters.
After an exciting day in the city you can always come to a very comfortable home. To relax in the backyard, take a nap, nice warm shower, read book or laid back and listen to music, so you can start another exciting new day.
Our home is your home and we want to give you the best, simple and unique at same time.
There are 3 independent units in the house, my family and I live in the first floor apartment, in the second floor we have 3 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms in the lower floor.
Our 3 cats live in the 1st floor, NO cats or pets live in the 2nd floor & lower floor
* You can smoke recreational or medical marijuana in the back yard (patio).
* On-site: Also, you can smoke in the living room & dining room only.
* There are different dispensaries (medical & recreational marijuana) around the city, feel free to ask for more information after you make your booking.
* Any kind of tobacco is NOT allowed to smoke inside or outside of the property.
Your bedroom: You can have a nice, clean and private bedroom with inside lock, comfortable bed(s), pillows and linens, thermal blankets, a night stand, dresser, enough closet space, hungers, iron, hair dryer, mirror. Your bedroom also has a window with curtains, ceiling fan (second floor) or space fan (lower floor). We have air conditioners that we use during hot days. During the winter time we have a heater radiator/space electric heaters that keeps the room and the whole apartment in a comfortable temperature to keep you warm and cozy.
Our living rooms are amazing. You will enjoy our apartment using our comfortable share living rooms (second or lower floor depending where you stay), and is call it the Relaxing room with a beautiful carpet and many pillows and a few chairs to relax, listen to quiet and relaxing music, do yoga, meditation or read a book while feeling the breeze of our ceiling fan, I have decorated this space with plants and some international decorations of our trips. In our lower floor apartment we have space fans.
The shared dining rooms are spacious with a comfortable table for 6 people (second floor) and a table for 4 people in our lower floor, light decorated with our trip souvenirs. You can also enjoy your meals around the table or on the kitchen table (second floor) as you want. There is a smart TV with a Blu-ray player in our dining room (second floor) and in the living room of our lower floor, with access to Netflix, YouTube, etc.
You can use our shared bathroom where we can provide clean towels, other amenities such as soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, hand sanitizer, hand cream, body lotion and toiletries.
We have a good shared kitchen with a stove, stove extractor, refrigerator, cabinets, microwave, conventional oven, toaster, blender, pantry to store your food products, etc.
You can enjoy the breakfast with fresh coffee or tea self-served. Enjoy cooking your own breakfast, lunch or dinner; you can cook your meals where we can provide kitchen utensils to facilitate the time for your cooking. We can provide also a specific space for your fresh produces in the refrigerator. You can refresh yourself with ice cubes from our ice maker machine and cool water that is part of the fridge, you can also prepare your own smoothies and beverages.
During your stay you can use the beautiful back yard of the house and our brick patio, you can use this yard by using our umbrellas, a yard chair or using your own towel to relax, for sunbathing or read a book, enjoy your 420 experience, you can also have a peaceful experience enjoying our tons of plants and flowers, during the day beautiful birds singing around the yard, you can also use the grill outside. Remember to clean up after yourself. If you want to enjoy the show of lighting bugs you have to go outside after the sunset!
Power Wi-fi 24/7
If you have a car, parking is allowed On my block with a free permit parking passes for short term reservations (from 2 to 28 days). For medium or long term reservations (from 29 days & up) you need to buy the permit parking passes. Also there is free street parking around my block
Interaction with Guests:
We live in the property but in another unit, so we will definitely be available to meet you, help your check in, answer any questions or help with any information that you may need, give restaurant recommendations, or just have a great conversation in any of our comfortable areas if you want!
However, we respect your privacy and open to any interaction if you want.
We will try our best to help you feel comfortable at all time. We will try our best to help you feel comfortable at all time.
We have very nice, friendly and multicultural neighbors on the block and you can take a walk safely around other neighborhoods.
We can provide visitors guides and city maps for free to explore the city.
- You will have access to a 24 hours public transportation (77 CTA Bus) the bus stop is steps away from the house
We suggest to buy a VENTRA (Public transportation) card in the Airport or at any CTA Line station, for a weekend or for a whole week depending of your days of stay. Also we suggest to buy a CITY-PASS if you want to do a TOUR in Downtown and save money during your enjoyable stay to have access to the most popular and amazing places in the city for a reasonable price.
Other Things to Note:
- Access to gym: 4 blocks from my house
- We will be very happy to receive you in our comfortable home, please when you apply for a room, share a little about yourself, and if you come with another guest we would like to know about him/her as well, what brings you to visit Chicago? And why or what made you chose my place? We are going to thank you.
- Please be mindful that the common areas are shared, so maintain a clean environment.
- Breakfast: we can provide coffee and tea, sugar and powder cream if you want.
- Use of the kitchen: If you are going to cook, please enjoy your meal, once again clean after yourself, such as “pots, pans, utensils, dishes, THE STOVE"
- We have a laundry on site, washing and dryer machine, so guest like you would not have to go elsewhere to do laundry.
- Non Smoking
- Allow Smoking
* Thank you for choosing our home as your second home, please read carefully our house rules and let us know once you read and agreed with them. Feel free to ask any questions.
1. 420 Friendly: This is a family & 420-friendly environment, which permits responsible cannabis consumption on-site. Pipe, dab, joints, and other cannabis-exclusive smoking is permitted in the following areas:
* You can smoke (cannabis only) in the back yard (patio).
* On-site: You can smoke (cannabis only) in the living room & dining room only. Please make sure to place all the ashes on the ashtrays to prevent any carpet or rugs burn.
* No smoking is permitted in bedrooms, inside stairs, front entrance or front garden, including private bedrooms or bathrooms. There will be a charge of $100 from the security deposit for each time this rule is violated or broken.
2. Absolutely NO smoking cigarettes, cigars or tobacco inside of the property, including no smoking in the “apartment”, “front or back gardens”, “patio”, “back porch”, “front or back stairs” or any place that is part of the property.
- Please go outside of the property. There will be a charge of $100 from the security deposit for each time this rule is violated or broken.
- Please don’t throw away cigarette butts anywhere of the property including the front and back gardens/patio.
3. Absolutely NO weapons are allowed inside of the property and NO illegal drugs inside of the property.
4. Please make sure that the rooms and/or the property is left in the same condition as when you arrived.
5. No street shoes in the house. Please bring your slippers, or grip socks or thick socks to wearing them inside of the house. After removed your street shoes, You can place your street shoes inside of the apartment on the right side of the lower floor entrance on the small brown carpet.
* * During spring & summer season, if you are going to use the back door to get inside of the apartment, please make sure to remove your street shoes and place them in the brown carpet.
6. No visitors are allowed
7. You are free to come and go in anytime, but please be considerate at late hours.
8. We ask that you please clean-up after yourself; this includes washing your own dishes
9. Do not leave clothes laying around in the common areas.
10. If there is any damage, spills, or any broken things, please let us know. Otherwise, it may be subjected to additional fees that will be deducted from the deposits.
11. Please let us know if you have any issues, problems, concerns or an emergency by calling or texting immediately.
12. Please do not leave air conditioning or space fans or space heaters ON when you leave the room / apartment.
13. Please be mindful with the use of energy: electricity, gas, heater, etc. Please turn OFF lights if you're not in the apartment, rooms or bedrooms. If you are going to sleep, please make sure to turn off the lights behind you.
14. Quiet time during sleeping hours, no music, noises, chatting, etc.: from 10pm to 9am weekdays (from Sundays to Thursdays) and from 1am to 10am weekends (Fridays, Saturdays & holidays)
15. Please respect the neighbors limiting loud noise after 10:00 pm (weekdays) or after 1:00 am (weekends: Fridays & Saturdays)
16. Please RECYCLE your trash.
* Dispose of all EMPTY bottles, glass jars or plastic, metal (cans) cartons or containers and place them IN the BLUE RECYCLING BIN located on the left side of the garage, no need to go to the the ALLEY.
* The other garbage goes into the SILVER garbage can located in the kitchen.
* Please don’t leave at any time any kind of garbage, recycle or garbage bags on the porch.
>>* When you need or want to change the garbage bags, you will find black garbage bags (kitchen garbage bags) and white garbage bags (bathroom garbage bags) under the sink of the kitchen, please tie a knot the full trash bag and then throw it in the BLACK GARBAGE BIN located in the ALLEY.
17. Security deposit:
a. Short term Security Deposit: for ST reservations you need to pay:
- $250 for a reservation from 2 days to 7 days
- $350 for a reservation from 7 days to 28 days
b. Medium & Long term Security Deposit from 29 days and up:
- the Medium and Long term security deposit is the half amount of the monthly fee of your reservation.
c. Payment of the security deposit: for short, medium or long term reservations:
- you need to pay the security deposit during your check in (cash only)
- The security deposit will cover any damages generated to the bedroom or property by the guest(s).
- If there’s no damages, the host will return to the guest the full amount or the deductible if there are damages.
- the security deposit will be refunded during the check out of the guest after the inspection of the bedroom and apartment used by the guest(s)
18. Cancellation policies:
- The medium or long term reservations are a legal rental commitment between the guest(s)(tenants) and the host (landlord).
- The cancellation policies apply for long term reservations and are the same like the city of chicago medium or long term policies.
- the cancellation policy apply only for reservations from 3 or more months
- if your reservation is for one or two months, the cancellation does not apply.
- you need to communicate a month in advance that you need to cancel your reservation to proceed to move out.
- for example: if your reservation is for 5 months, from September 4th to February 4th, and if you need to move on January 4th, you need to let the host know by or before November 4th.
- For any reason, if you forget to let the host know that you need to move, you have to continue to pay the corresponding monthly payment of your reservation and stay in the property or move out and loose a monthly payment.
- Please feel free to review the city of chicago medium term/ long term policies.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy your stay.
Lovely place, clean, and most importantly a welcoming host who is there to help all the time.
Thank you Roberto!
Roberto est très accueillant et disponible pour ses hôtes . Nous avons même partagé la dernière soirée ensemble dans son jardin. Maison pittoresque et sympathique. A recommander
Our stay with Roberto was amazing. The house is beautiful & clean. Very quiet. Roberto was welcoming & was a great wealth of information. Public transportation was easy to get to & it was easy to use. Very nice neighborhood. I will be going back to Chicago & I look forward to staying with Roberto!
Thanks for allowing me to find a home away from home! Your place is clean, neat, and quiet, and very comfortable. I would stay here again. I stayed here back in February.
Roberto was very friendly and helpful, he likes his guests to be part of the family. The house was a little too fussy for my tastes, I prefer a less cluttered style. The house is a long way from downtown, a train and bus ride. The service is good but it takes at least an hour. If you buy the pass it's not expensive. I really enjoyed Chicago, a great city, great music.
Staying at Roberto's house was amazing. I could have fun both by having dinner with the family and concentrating on my study in the quite room alone. Since I could use the kitchen, I could save money for meals.
Roberto was the nicest host ever! House was really safe and clean. Town has buses which easily can go to downtown in Chicago also airport too. I want to visit Roberto's house if i go back to chicago.
Un très beau séjour chez Roberto qui est très accueillant. L'appartement est dans un quartier sécuritaire et très propre. À recommander!
Buena gente, nos encanto su trato y ayuda en nuestra primera toma de contacto en Chicago, nos acompañaron en nuestra primera compra al super y nos explicaron todo para facilitarnos las cosas.
房东确认有空房后，您可以选择以下付款方式来支付 15% 的预订费（对于长期预订，最多可以支付 250 $£€）：签证，万事达卡，美国式Express，Maestro，Laser，JCB和PayPal（在某些国家/地区不可用）。然后，您在抵达时或在房东的个人资料中注明并经您同意的房东上付款。如果房东要求预付款（如果其个人资料中未包含该费用），请谨慎选择。已告知我们的房东，如果他们希望请求预付款，则必须在其个人资料中明确注明。我们不建议您使用金钱克或西联汇款。