About the Homestay
Special prices for long stays : 3 months or more, please consult me, upon request.
Set in a XIX th century town-house close to the botanical garden, La Maison Hélène-Joséphine offers rooms with free Wi-Fi. Corum can be found 600 m from the property, universities 4 minutes by tramway.
Rooms are individually decorated in retro-style with stylish furnishings. Bars, shops and restaurants are within a 3-minute walk as well as the historical center.
A small traditional French breakfast including hot drinks, bread, butter and jams is offered each morning and evening meals can be provided upon request.
Guests have access to beaches within a 10-minute drive and tours or half-day visits can be organized on site. The place de la Comédie is at a distance of 900 m and the airport within a 10 minutes drive.
The host speaks french and fluent english, german and spanish.
THE HOST OFFERS FRENCH CLASSES : FRENCH FOR TEACHERS OF FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE and Advanced, intermediate and beginners. Once your booking is confirmed, you will be able to get directly in touch with your hostess to organize french intensive one-to-one courses in order to improve your language and gain a level according to the time you will stay here, of course.
TOURS AND JOURNEYS will be organized upon request. Your hostess will lead you to discover the best places (museums, special places, reserve of wild animals,a few kilometers around Montpellier.
For instance :
1) At the heart of Camargue’s Regional Natural Park, you will share the intimacy of the wildlife at the Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau.
2)Close to the spanish border, you will see the most famous paintings of Picasso, Braque and many other artists of the XXth century siècle like Masson, Gris, Herbin, Picabia, Chagall, just to give you the names of the most famous,
3) In Nîmes, Lattes or in other towns, you will visit romans villages,
4) Close to Montpellier, you will see a famous cathedral close to the sea.
PRICES ACCORDING TO THE TOUR YOU CHOOSE
- Internet Access
- Non Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Property surroundings – Great location : all activities, monuments, bars, restaurants, libraries, parks, a few steps away from home.
Montpellier Botanical Garden, Agora Dance Theatre, Saint-Pierre Cathedral, Fabre Museum,
Market: Biologique des Arceaux (0.1 km)
Restaurant: La Morue (800 m), Latitude Café, Place de la Canourgue (800 m)
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
- Packed lunch
Diet Type available on request
1) Please note that we ask all guests to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit within 24 hours after the booking confirmation or you can pay the total sum if it is more convenient for you .The payment can be transfered throughout "Sumup" with your credit card and we will confirm the payment on the phone.
2) The other 50% have to be paid upon arrival when making the check-in (or, if for practical purposes, for instance, not to carry too much money, you prefer to pay the total amount when you make your booking, it is possible too) .
3) A security deposit of 800 € for any incidentals that could occur during your stay (a receipt will be given to you and you will receive a key of my house), will be requested upon arrival and given back to you at the moment of the check-out after that your room will have been verified.
4) A homestay rule information will be provided upon arrival and will have to be signed up. It is globally about respect of calm during the nights, tidyness of the common parties, security and respect of the life of my cats which are inhabitants and guests as well as myself.
Please note that we do not accept guests to bring their pets along with them.
We hope everything is clear for you and are expecting you to have nice holidays or a good journey here and feel comfortable in our home.
The house is totally non-smoker.
Smoking is not allowed.
Hélène is a wonderful host and a lovely person. She is extremely organized and experienced in acting as a host. During my stay, I also took French lessons from Hélène, which she tailored to my interests and language-level. She is very compassionate and clearly loves meeting the people that she hosts through Homestay.com!
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.