The Space and Getting around:
Beautiful 3 flat brick house in a safe and quiet neighborhood located in the middle of a very cultural northwest side of the city. 420 Friendly.
We have hosted students & interns that went to DePaul, KENDALL, Inst. Medical Educ, IL Inst. of Art, Loyola, Argosy, Roosevelt, East-West, UIC, R. Morris, U. Of Illinois, Columbia, NEIU, Dominican, AIME, etc. Business, Companies, Clinics & Hospitals.
As a guest or student you will have access to 24 hour public transportation (busses, city train and METRA, UBER) a great variety of stores where you can find products, fresh produce and internationally, restaurants such as Mexican Puerto Rican, Peruvian, polish, Italian, Greek, middle eastern, Asian and American diners. 2 huge parks with an outdoor swimming pools and indoor in one of the parks, public library, gym, one of the city colleges of Chicago, the mall, post office, and 30 minutes to the lake in public transportation, 20 minutes in car and 35 minutes to downtown in public transportation, 30 by car.
Chicago is a huge city to explore if you want your stay to be memorable and exciting here are some things to do: easy access to see a CUBS or SOX game, visit the different diverse neighborhoods for the street festivals, see our amazing architecture in downtown, ride the double Decker bus, visit ALL of our beautiful amazing museums, Millennium park which offers free concerts, the Art institute, take a stroll on the magnificent Michigan mile, Navy Pier, plays and operas, also take a walk, run, biking or sunbathe in our beautiful beaches in front of the blue lake Michigan.
Want to continue the fun at night? There are lots of things to do such as dance clubs, lounges, bars, and movie theaters.
After an exciting day in the city you can always come to a very comfortable home. To relax in the backyard, take a nap, nice warm shower, read book or laid back and listen to music, so you can start another exciting new day.
Our home is your home and we want to give you the best, simple and unique at same time.
There are 3 independent units in the house, my family and I live in the first floor apartment, in the second floor we have 3 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms in the lower floor.
Our 3 cats live in the 1st floor, NO cats or pets live in the 2nd floor & lower floor. Your pet is welcome in our lower floor.
* You can smoke recreational or medical marijuana in the back yard (patio).
* On-site: You can smoke in the living room & dining room only. Please make sure to place all the ashes on the ashtrays to prevent any carpet or rugs burn.
* Please don’t smoke in the bedrooms, inside stairs, front entrance or front garden.
* There are different dispensaries (medical & recreational marijuana) around the city, feel free to ask for more information after you make your booking.
* Any kind of tobacco is NOT allowed to smoke inside or outside of the property.
Your bedroom: You can have a nice, clean and private bedroom with a queen bed and comfortable pillows and linens, thermal blankets, a night stand, dresser, enough closet space, hungers, iron, hair dryer, mirror, and if you are student we can provide a computer table. Your bedroom also has a window with curtains, an alarm clock with radio;, ceiling fan. We have air conditioners that we use during hot days. During the winter time we have a heater radiator that keeps the room and the whole apartment in a comfortable temperature to keep you warm and cozy.
The living room in the SECOND FLOOR is amazing we call it the RELAXATION ROOM. You will enjoy our apartment using our comfortable share living room, and is call it the Relaxing room with a beautiful carpet and many pillows and a few chairs to relax, listen to quiet and relaxing music, do yoga, meditation, or receiving a Relaxing Therapeutic Massage, or read a book while feeling the breeze of our ceiling fan, I have decorated this space with plants and some international decorations of our trips.
The shared dining rooms are spacious with a comfortable table for 6 people, light decorated with our trip souvenirs. You can also enjoy your meals around the table or on the kitchen table as you want. There is a smart TV with a Blu-ray player in our dining room with access to Netflix, YouTube, pandora, etc.
You can use our shared bathroom where we can provide clean towels, other amenities such as soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, hand sanitizer, hand cream, body lotion and toiletries.
We have a good shared kitchen with a stove, stove extractor, refrigerator, cabinets, microwave, conventional oven, toaster, blender, pantry to store your food products, etc.
You can enjoy the breakfast with fresh coffee or tea self-served. Enjoy cooking your own lunch or dinner; you can cook your meals where we can provide kitchen utensils to facilitate the time for your cooking. We can provide also a specific space for your fresh produces in the refrigerator. You can refresh yourself with ice cubes from our ice maker machine and cool water that is part of the fridge, you can also prepare your own smoothies and beverages.
Please you have to clean everything that you used and leave everything as it was, please whatever you dirty clean it. You can enjoy your meals in two places: in the kitchen table or in the dining room.
During your stay you can use the beautiful back yard of the house and our brick patio, you can use this yard by using our umbrellas, a yard chair or using your own towel to relax, for sunbathing or read a book, you can also have a peaceful experience enjoying our tons of plants and flowers, during the day beautiful birds singing around the yard, you can also use the grill outside. Remember to clean up after yourself. If you want to enjoy the show of lighting bugs you have to go outside after the sunset!
Power Wi-fi 24/7.
If you have a car, parking is allowed a few steps from the house. On my block is Residential Parking (You need a permit) if you want to park your car on my block I can provide information about the permit parking passes.
Interaction with Guests:
We respect your privacy and no interactions is need it, only if you want, I am available to answer any questions or help with any information that you may need, it is easier to send me a text first before calling me. I will try my best to help you feel comfortable at all time.
We have very nice, friendly and multicultural neighbors on the block and you can take a walk safely around other neighborhoods.
We can provide visitors guides and city maps for free to explore the city.
We suggest to buy a VENTRA (Public transportation) card in the Airport or at any CTA Line station, for a weekend or for a whole week depending of your days of stay. Also we suggest to buy a CITY-PASS if you want to do a TOUR in Downtown and save money during your enjoyable stay to have access to the most popular and amazing places in the city for a reasonable price.
Other Things to Note:
- Access to gym: 4 blocks from my house
- We will be very happy to receive you in our comfortable home, please when you apply for a room, share a little about yourself, and if you come with another guest we would like to know about him/her as well, what brings you to visit Chicago? And why or what made you chose my place? We are going to thank you.
- Please be mindful that the common areas are shared, so maintain a clean environment.
- Breakfast: you can enjoy your breakfast, we can provide coffee and tea, sugar and powder cream if you want.
•After your breakfast, lunch or dinner, please clean the area that you are occupying: kitchen table, dining table, stove, dishes, etc.
- Use of the kitchen: If you are going to cook, please enjoy your meal, once again clean after yourself, such as “pots, pans, utensils, dishes, THE STOVE"
- You will have access to a 24 hours public transportation (77 CTA Bus) the bus stop is steps away from the house
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE REDUCE OUR PRICES PER NIGHT FOR FALL AND WINTER SEASONS and during spring and summer season is a regular price.
- We have a laundry on site, washing and dryer machine, so guest like you would not have to go elsewhere to do laundry.
Instalaciones de la casa
- Acceso a internet
- Alarma de humo
- Non Smoking
- Allow Smoking
- Aire acondicionado
Habitaciones disponibles para reservar
Hermosa casa de 2 ladrillos en un barrio seguro y tranquilo ubicado en el medio de un lado noroeste de la ciudad, muy cultural. Como invitado o estudiante, tendrá acceso a transporte público las 24 horas (autobuses, tren urbano y METRA, UBER) una gran variedad de tiendas donde puede encontrar productos, productos frescos e internacionales, restaurantes como el puertorriqueño mexicano, el peruano, el pulido. Comensales italianos, griegos, de oriente medio, asiáticos y americanos. 2 enormes parques con piscinas al aire libre e interiores en uno de los parques, biblioteca pública, gimnasio, uno de los colegios de la ciudad de Chicago, el centro comercial, la oficina de correos y 30 minutos del lago en transporte público, 20 minutos en auto y 40 minutos al centro en transporte público, 30 en coche.
Tenemos vecinos muy agradables, amigables y multiculturales en la cuadra, puedes pasear por otros vecindarios y puedes encontrar gente amable y ver hermosas casas y sus patios con hermosas flores, árboles y plantas.
Chicago es una gran ciudad para explorar si desea que su estadía sea memorable y emocionante. A continuación le presentamos algunas de las cosas que puede hacer: fácil acceso para ver un juego de CUBS o SOX, visitar los diferentes vecindarios de los festivales callejeros, ver nuestra increíble arquitectura en el centro. , recorra el autobús de dos pisos, visite TODOS nuestros hermosos museos asombrosos, el parque Millennium, que ofrece conciertos gratuitos, el Instituto de Arte, pasee por la magnífica milla de Michigan, Navy Pier, obras de teatro y óperas, dé un paseo, corra, ande en bicicleta o tome el sol en nuestras hermosas playas frente al lago azul Michigan.
¿Quieres continuar la diversión de noche? Hay muchas cosas que hacer, como clubes de baile, salones, bares y cines.
Después de un día emocionante en la ciudad, siempre puede venir a un hogar muy cómodo. Para relajarse en el patio trasero, tome una siesta, tome una buena ducha caliente, lea un libro o relájese y escuche música, para que pueda comenzar otro nuevo y emocionante día.
Nuestro hogar es tu hogar: estamos abiertos a compartir nuestro hermoso y relajante hogar con HOMESTAY y queremos ofrecerte lo mejor, simple y único al mismo tiempo.
- Centro comercial
- Deportes de agua
- Club de bienestar
- Parada de autobús
- Estación de tren
Los anfitriones pueden ofrecer un desayuno ligero por cortesía, pero no es obligatorio. Si se ofrecen servicios de comidas, tendrán un coste adicional. Las comidas y cualquier otro pago adicional se le pagarán directamente al anfitrión.
Included in the stay
- Desayuno Ligero
- Acceso a la Cocina
Normas de la casa
Please, if you are not yet fully vaccinated, during your check in, when you enter or leave the building, you and your guests need to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth.
- Update 06-12-2021
* If you and your Guests are fully vaccinated you don’t need to wear your face mask during your check in or stay.
1. 420 Friendly: This is a family & 420-friendly environment, which permits responsible cannabis consumption on-site. Pipe, dab, joints, and other cannabis-exclusive smoking is permitted in the following areas:
* You can smoke (cannabis only) in the back yard (patio).
* On-site: You can smoke (cannabis only) in the living room & dining room only. Please make sure to place all the ashes on the ashtrays to prevent any carpet or rugs burn.
* No smoking is permitted in bedrooms, inside stairs, front entrance or front garden, including private bedrooms or bathrooms. There will be a charge of $100 from the security deposit for each time this rule is violated or broken.
2. Absolutely NO smoking cigarettes, cigars or tobacco inside of the property, including no smoking in the “apartment”, “front or back gardens”, “patio”, “back porch”, “front or back stairs” or any place that is part of the property.
- Please go outside of the property. There will be a charge of $100 from the security deposit for each time this rule is violated or broken.
- Please don’t throw away cigarette butts anywhere of the property including the front and back gardens/patio.
3. Absolutely NO weapons are allowed inside of the property and NO illegal drugs inside of the property.
4. Please make sure that the rooms and/or the property is left in the same condition as when you arrived.
5. No street shoes in the house. Please bring your slippers, or grip socks or thick socks to wearing them inside of the house. After removed your street shoes, You can place your street shoes inside of the apartment on the right side of the lower floor entrance on the small brown carpet.
* * During spring & summer season, if you are going to use the back door to get inside of the apartment, please make sure to remove your street shoes and place them in the brown carpet.
6. No visitors are allowed
7. You are free to come and go in anytime, but please be considerate at late hours.
8. We ask that you please clean-up after yourself; this includes washing your own dishes
9. Do not leave clothes laying around in the common areas.
10. If there is any damage, spills, or any broken things, please let us know. Otherwise, it may be subjected to additional fees that will be deducted from the deposits.
11. Please let us know if you have any issues, problems, concerns or an emergency by calling or texting immediately.
12. Please do not leave air conditioning or space fans or space heaters ON when you leave the room / apartment.
13. Please be mindful with the use of energy: electricity, gas, heater, etc. Please turn OFF lights if you're not in the apartment, rooms or bedrooms. If you are going to sleep, please make sure to turn off the lights behind you.
14. Security deposit:
- the security deposit is the half amount of the monthly fee of your reservation,
- you need to pay the security deposit during your check in.
- The security deposit will cover any damages generated to the bedroom or property by the guest(s).
- If there’s no damages, the host will return to the guest the full amount or the deductible if there are damages.
- the security deposit will be refunded during the check out of the guest and after the inspection of the bedroom and apartment used by the guest(s)
15. Cancellation policies:
- The medium or long term reservations are a legal rental commitment between the guest(s)(tenants) and the host (landlord).
- The cancellation policies apply for long term reservations and are the same like the city of chicago medium or long term policies.
- the cancellation policy apply only for reservations from 3 or more months
- if your reservation is for one or two months, the cancellation does not apply.
- you need to communicate a month in advance that you need to cancel your reservation to proceed to move out.
- for example: if your reservation is for 5 months, from September 4th to February 4th, and if you need to move on January 4th, you need to let the host know by or before November 4th.
- For any reason, if you forget to let the host know that you need to move, you have to continue to pay the corresponding monthly payment of your reservation and stay in the property or move out and loose a monthly payment.
- Please feel free to review the city of chicago medium term/ long term policies.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy your stay.
Está permitido fumar dentro y fuera de la casa.
El huésped ha asignado al anfitrión 5 corazones pero no ha dejado ningún comentario.
Respuesta del Anfitrión
Roberto est très accueillant et disponible pour ses hôtes . Nous avons même partagé la dernière soirée ensemble dans son jardin. Maison pittoresque et sympathique. A recommander
Our stay with Roberto was amazing. The house is beautiful & clean. Very quiet. Roberto was welcoming & was a great wealth of information. Public transportation was easy to get to & it was easy to use. Very nice neighborhood. I will be going back to Chicago & I look forward to staying with Roberto!
Thanks for allowing me to find a home away from home! Your place is clean, neat, and quiet, and very comfortable. I would stay here again. I stayed here back in February.
Roberto was very friendly and helpful, he likes his guests to be part of the family. The house was a little too fussy for my tastes, I prefer a less cluttered style. The house is a long way from downtown, a train and bus ride. The service is good but it takes at least an hour. If you buy the pass it's not expensive. I really enjoyed Chicago, a great city, great music.
Respuesta del Anfitrión
Staying at Roberto's house was amazing. I could have fun both by having dinner with the family and concentrating on my study in the quite room alone. Since I could use the kitchen, I could save money for meals.
Roberto was the nicest host ever! House was really safe and clean. Town has buses which easily can go to downtown in Chicago also airport too. I want to visit Roberto's house if i go back to chicago.
Un très beau séjour chez Roberto qui est très accueillant. L'appartement est dans un quartier sécuritaire et très propre. À recommander!
Buena gente, nos encanto su trato y ayuda en nuestra primera toma de contacto en Chicago, nos acompañaron en nuestra primera compra al super y nos explicaron todo para facilitarnos las cosas.
Nice people, beautiful garden, and very easy to go to the bus 77. Good place for a long stay.
¿Cómo se hace una reserva?
Ponte en contacto con el anfitrión para comprobar su disponibilidad y preguntar todo lo necesario sobre la estancia. Una vez que el anfitrión confirme que está disponible para esas fechas, podrás confirmar la reserva.
¿Cuándo se realiza el pago?
Una vez que un anfitrión confirme su disponibilidad, puedes continuar con la reserva mediante el pago del 15% como tarifa de reserva (con un máximo de 250 $£€ para estancias de larga duración), utilizando uno de los siguientes métodos: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB y PayPal (este último no está disponible en ciertos países). Posteriormente, pagarás al anfitrión el mismo día de la llegada, o según las condiciones descritas en el perfil del anfitrión y acordadas en el momento de la reserva. Hay que prestar especial atención a las solicitudes de pago por adelantado por parte del anfitrión, especialmente cuando estas condiciones de pago no están incluidas en el perfil del anifitrión. Todos nuestros anfitriones han sido informados de que si desean solicitar un pago por adelantado, deben indicarlo claramente en el perfil. En cualquier caso, recomendamos desconfiar de quienes soliciten que se realice un pago a través de Money Gram o Western Union.
¿Cuándo se publican los datos de contacto?
Las direcciones de email, los números de teléfono y la dirección postal del anfitrión y del huésped aparecerán reflejados en el email de confirmación que se les enviará a ambos inmediatamente después de la confirmación de la reserva. El intercambio de datos de contacto personales entre los anfitriones y los huéspedes a través de los mensajes que se envían a través de nuestra plataforma, va en contra de nuestra política.