About the Homestay
We have 2 rooms within our 4 bedroom house available for student guests to stay. Each room has a single bed, bedside table, desk with lamp, chair, bookcase and a double built-in mirrored wardrobe. The rooms have unlimited Wireless highspeed broadband access, air conditioning and ceiling fans.
We are a married couple and have a 3 year old daughter. We live on a quiet street that has a bus stop 400 m away with buses to take you to the Brisbane CBD, Shopping Mall, Universities and Colleges.
We both work full-time Monday to Friday and our daughter goes to Kindergarten. In our spare time we like to take her out to parks to play, go shopping, visit friends and just relax at home.
We are happy to help you with your English vocabulary and to tell you more about the Australian culture.
We love different cultures and would be very interested to learn about you, your family and your country.
- Internet Access
- Smoke alarm
- Air Conditioning
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
We live on a quiet street that has a bus stop 400 m away with buses to take you to the Brisbane CBD, Shopping Mall, Universities and Colleges.
We are a 5 minute walk to local shops, and a 15 minute bus ride to Westfield Carindale Shopping Mall. Buses can take you into Brisbane city in 30 mins.
Public Transport and travelling time to the city:
Regular buses from Stanley Road (3 min walk) and Old Cleveland Road (10 min walk) to CBD - 20-40mins bus travel time - Routes 204, P206, P207, 210, P211, 212, P217, P222
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Sports arena
- Health club
- Bus Stop
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals will incur an additional cost. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
Available on request at an extra cost
- Half Board
Diet Type available on request
- Nut Allergies
• We ask that guests speak English only when in the house to improve their own English and as well as help their fellow students' English improve.
• We ask that guests speak to us if they have any queries regarding any of the living arrangements or if they are unhappy about anything here. We will do our best to explain why things are done a certain way and to accommodate their needs and requests.
• We ask that guests keep their own bedroom clean and tidy, and do not leave food scraps or dirty dishes in their room – food scraps are to be disposed of in either the kitchen bins or outside wheelie bins and dirty dishes placed in the dishwasher.
• Guests will be required to make their room available for inspections as requested by the real estate agent (usually 3 times per year) - at least 48 hours prior notice will be provided.
• Guests are to clean and tidy up after themselves in all shared areas of the home (eg. bathroom, kitchen, laundry).
• We ask that guests are careful to keep reasonable noise levels at all times, and to reduce noise levels after 10pm each night. This includes volume used when talking on the telephone or over the computer (eg. Skype).
• We feel very strongly about not smoking in the house, and that should guests or any of their friends want to smoke, they do so at the back of the garden or out at the street curb.
• We insist that no recreational drugs are used or kept on the premises, nor are guests to be under the influence of such drugs or excessive alcohol while residing in the home.
• We ask that guests be mindful of preserving energy by switching off lights when not in use, and restricting use of air conditioners (cool and heat) wherever possible. Ceiling fans are provided in each room which can be used through the night during the summer. Extra bedding can be provided during cooler months.
• Guests are welcome to bring home one or two friends at a time, however we ask that the student remains with them in the home at all times and they must understand that they are to take full responsibility for their behavior and actions while in the home.
• If guests wish for a friend to stay for a meal, we ask that they contact us at least 2 hours beforehand to ensure we are prepared for the extra meal.
• For the purpose of duty of care/safety, we ask that the student let us know if they are not coming home overnight or if they will be home late, particularly when it is not their usual routine (text message is sufficient). Having said that, we want guests to have complete freedom to come and go as they please. They must understand that should we not hear from them by a reasonable hour, we will attempt to get in contact with them to ensure they are safe, and if we can’t reach them, we may contact the homestay service or their emergency contact person.
Smoking is not allowed.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.