About the Homestay
We open the doors of our new house, located in the 'porteño' heart of the city, where tango is breathed in every corner. Surrounded by the typical 'milongas' and most recognized Tango spaces in the world.
We want you to feel at home when you are away from yours. We offer you a very large private room with a vintage touch for 2 people with a new Queen double bed and a beautiful balcony overlooking the street and light breakfast, in a renovated and typical house in Buenos Aires.
Alma de Bohemia Casa & Tango is our home, new, recycled brand new and is located on the first floor by stairs. We are a family of 3 adults who love music, silence, company, Buenos Aires and their customs.
Its construction reflects the centenary style of the time, living together with a careful renovation. Everything in the house is new and brand new:
• It has 3 spacious and comfortable private rooms, decorated with a vintage touch. If you want to maintain privacy even when working with a notebook, reading a book or eating in your room you have a table and chairs for that inside.
• A shared room where you can read, watch TV, listen to music or spend a relaxing time in the company of other guests.
• The kitchen is also a shared space where you can prepare your own food or share meals with other people.
• The large dining room table will allow you a great exchange of experiences with the other inhabitants of the house, have breakfast, sharing and drinking 'Argentine mate', enjoying reading or just hanging out.
• There are 2 bathrooms, one of them with shower.
• Our open-air patio will receive you when you go to the mezzanine kitchen or if you just want to spend some time to receive fresh air. You will also enjoy the 'Argentine barbecue' by the hosts;) * with additional cost *
Alma de Bohemia Casa & Tango is my mother's house and eventually mine too. She has a vast experience hosting and receiving tourist travelers making them feel comfortable, well cared for and with the personal touch of home away from home. Both my sister and I have learned this from her.
We will share the spaces with the guests during their stay. Usually they will find one or more of us walking around the house during the day, so they will have no trouble asking their questions, asking for recommendations or whatever they may need.
We will share with the guests all the common spaces with the exception of the personal and private rooms of each one. The common spaces are: living room, kitchen, patio and bathrooms.
You can also optionally hire Tango classes with Belén Cafasso; one of the hosts of Alma de Bohemia, teacher and professional dancer.
To book your stay you can make a deposit or bank transfer of 30% if you are or your account is from Argentina.
If you are or are from another country, the reservation can be made via money transfer by Western Union, also 30%
The final payment of your stay will be made when you arrive at the house, in cash. You can pay in Argentine Pesos or in US Dollars too.
If you prefer to pay by Credit Card we will provide you with the direct link to do it through another well-known accommodation platform where you have that payment option (MercadoPago, only valid for credit and debit cards issued in Argentina).
- Non Smoking
- Allow Smoking
Bedrooms available for booking
About the Area
Our house is surrounded by bars, restaurants, markets, night shows, theaters and more, which will allow you to know the life and culture of our city.
Very close to the most photographed tourist spots of the City of Buenos Aires: the National Congress, the Casa Rosada, the Cabildo, the famous Avenida 9 de Julio, the Avenida de Mayo in the European style, the Corrientes Avenue full of theaters and halls of shows, the luxurious neighborhood of Puerto Madero and the bohemian neighborhood of San Telmo, the tango walk of 'Caminito' in the neighborhood of La Boca, and surrounded by many tango halls and the classical 'milongas' to dance it.
In this city you have quick access to public transportation such as buses, subways, taxis and trains, as well as Uber and Cabify.
We are very close to the entrances to 3 different underground lines.
To visit the main tourist spots in the center of the city, you can do everything on foot. There is a lot of history in every building, corner and facades around the whole area.
Local Area Facilities
- Shopping Centre
- Bus Stop
- Train station
Hosts can offer a complimentary light breakfast at their discretion. All other meals, including a full breakfast, might incur an additional cost, if offered. Meals and any additional payment should be arranged directly with your host.
Included in the stay
- Complimentary Light Breakfast
- Use of Kitchen
• Visits can not be received.
• You can only smoke on the balconies and in the outdoor patio.
• Respect the hours of rest and silence (from 23 hs to 8 hs.)
• Although the departure time of the room at the end of your stay is until 10 am, you can stay in the shared spaces if you need to wait to leave.
• You can use all the kitchen utensils. You should leave them clean when you finish using them.
• The sheets are delivered clean and changed once a week.
• The towels are delivered clean and changed every 3 days.
• You will be given a set of keys that contains the keys of the house and the room so you can come and go freely. If it is lost or broken, you will have to pay a fee of US $ 5.- per key.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only.
How do I book?
Contact the host to check their availability and ask them any questions you have about staying with them. Once the host confirms they’re available for your dates, you can complete your booking.
When do I pay?
Once a host confirms they're available, you can go ahead and pay the 15% booking fee (maximum of 199 $£€ for longer term bookings) using a choice of payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Laser, JCB & PayPal (not available in certain countries). You then pay your host on arrival or as stated by your host on their profile and agreed by you on booking. Please be cautious if a host requests advance payment if its not included on their profile. Our hosts have been advised that if they wish to request advance payment they must make this explicit in their profile. We do not recommend the use of Money gram or Western Union.
When can I share my contact details?
Host and Guest email address, phone number and home address will be exchanged in a confirmation email sent to both immediately after a booking is completed. It's against our policy for Guests and Hosts to exchange direct contact details via our messaging system.